Saturday, January 31, 2009

Ripe.

It's weird because...I think I'm going through somewhat of a transition in my life.

I look around and all I see are people who I cannot stand the thought of. Congrats, you go out and get shitfaced 4 times per week. You know what? Right now I'm completely satisfied with going out once, maybe twice, per week and having one or two drinks. I'm just so tired. I can't live like this anymore.

I don't have the energy to put up with people anymore. Right now I'm at a point in my life where I would rather stay in and watch a movie than go out to a party. I'm maturing, I guess.

I spoke with some teammates today, the conversation went a little something like this:
Me: I don't think I want to go out tonight.
A: Yeah, me neither.
Me: It's come to the point where I'm just too tired to go out.
D: I agree, it takes a lot out of you.
A: Yeah it totally does.
Me: We're getting old. My body can't deal with drinking anymore. I'm thinking about doing a semi-dry season this year.
D: Me too. I don't want to drink...only occassionally, you know?
Me: I agree. I'm too old for this shit...


On another note. I was hitting today and my shoulder popped. It is very rare. But it happens usually at least once per season. It was extremely painful. I'm going to be sore, I know that. There's nothing I can do. I'm not going to tell the coaches or anyone because that will create more problems. For now I'll just deal and put on lots and lots of ice. Woo hoo.

No comments: