Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Just like heaven

I took a nap today after I wrote that "I'm basically stress free today!" post. Then I woke up feeling the complete opposite. My dreams are so realistic it scares me awake. I wrote something in my livejournal last week (ash_garv_32, check it) that I am still reciting in my head...

"Life is so complicated. One day you can feel like you're making so much progress in the right direction. Then one small thing can happen and it's like you're back to square one."

Well today my "one small thing" was my dream. Awake, I can convince myself of almost anything. It's just when I lie asleep, my brain shows me through my dreams the reality of everything. I swear, you were really there and you were living and breathing beside me. You felt as strongly as I did. You didn't have regrets. Suspended in this moment, I was happy.

Then I woke up. I thought to myself, "It was just a dream...no, a nightmare. Get over it." After lying there for a while and just existing, I peeled myself off my sheets and got the fuck over it.

No comments: